Monday, April 6, 2009

It is good to have a great family

I was without internet service at the house for a week and a half, and I went to school each morning just to check into my different e-mails and accounts. I realize how technologically dependent I have become. I am also taking an internet course, which can be difficult to do without the internet.

One thing that makes me most thankful for the internet, however, is the way that I can be in contact with family members who live many miles away. Even if I lived in the mid-west, I would probably not know them as well as I do now in reading the blogs. I laugh at Ann-Marie's long posts and candid comments. I am touched by updates of Naomi's little boy, Trey. I love to read about Beth and Deborah's "mother" moments. I smile every time I see Brielle's smiles. I am glad Aunt Juliet keeps me posted and pictured on Rehfeldt events. It was good to see my nieces' and nephews' lives through the posts of Linda and Danielle (though I must say they have been slacking off quite a bit lately). I am amazed at how big Tammy's kids are getting, and I am somewhat jealous of the fun Charity has with all of those Gagliano angels :) Mostly, however, it is a blessing to see how God is working in the different lives. Each one of us are at different places, and we question God in different ways, but it is such a blessing to see the constant thread: "God is so real to us and He is working in us!" I never knew God so much as I do now, as an adult. I am glad that my childhood "training" has become an adulthood reality. So, thank you, all of you, for sharing your lives. It is so good to get to know you in this way. I thanked God, several times today, for my amazing family. The pictures below are another thanks to an amazing mother-in-law and her enormous Easter boxes. "Let's call Mamaw and tell her thank you right now," Wesley said, "even before I open the box. I know it will be good."

3 comments:

Juliet said...

I have often thought of where each member of our large family are in their lives. Such a range of ages. Some of us are done raising kids. While our neices and nephews are just starting families. Then other like me are finding out for the first time the joy of becoming a grandmother. Watching our soon to be 92 year old mother life in a nursing home...etc.

What a great post about all of us. We are so thankful that you have your blog. To see how your children are growing up way too fast. And what great grandmothers they have. Love all the photos.

Ann-Marie said...

I second that - I thank God every day that we have such an amazing family! It's good for me, too - to keep in touch with you all the way in sunny California...

Tamrik said...

I too agree with you. I really enjoy peeking in on the lives of our family members. I sometimes wish all of us could live close and ALL of the 2nd cousins could know each other like we did when we were kids. Thanks for your blog! I love your beautiful, new house - my kids said it's so California-ish. They are really into words like 80-ish, 70-ish, etc.