Saturday, August 8, 2009

It was grand!

We had a 4-day vacation at the Grand Canyon. Mom and Dad were celebrating their 40th anniversary, and they let us come vacation with them for a couple of days. We had an 8-hour trip to the Grand Canyon; we drove during the night so that the kids (and I) could sleep. We arrived at the Grand Canyon just as the sun was rising that morning. We bypassed the hotel and went straight to get our first look and watch the sunrise. It was beautiful, and truly breath-taking.

We spent three days hiking in the Canyon, observing different viewpoints, and shuttling around the enormous state park. Below are some favorite pictures, but I will have many more on the slide show. Actually, Gary and I took over 450 pictures---look for the book coming out next spring :)
The kids enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Poppa. Andrew, who was normally very fearful of the water, overcame his fear this vacation and became successful at swimming, floating, and doing the cannonball. We were all pretty proud of him!




2 comments:

Juliet said...

What a great time for everyone. Love the photo of your family. I tried to make a comment on facebook...it wouldn't do it.

That was so neat that you arrived in time to take photos of the sunrise.

Will be looking forward to seeing your new book on the bookstands!!

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! Gorgeous pics! I love the family photo best of all! I used to be afraid of the water, too, but my dad told me if I went underwater, he'd give me a Snickers bar - it worked! And I've loved the water ever since! Way to go!