Wednesday, April 6, 2011

To Know You



Every once in awhile, you hear a song that really captures what you are feeling. I must admit, as a young person, I found this true in secular songs often. I had the same experience this past week. A song that I have had for awhile, just grabbed my attention and the words catapulted in my heart.

"More than my next breath
More than life or death
All I'm reaching for, I live my life to know you more."

The song is a "nice song," and I must admit I hurriedly listened to it in the past and thought, "How nice!" Let the words really penetrate your thoughts, though. If this is the true prayer of any Christian's life, then he has much to declare to the world and much to remember each day.

"All this life could offer me, could not compare to you
Compare to you
And I count it all as lost, compared to knowing you
Knowing you"

The world offers much, and we often get absorbed by what it has to offer. It is nice to have a verbal reminder (in song) that there is so much more. Enjoy, as I have repeatedly over the course of the past week!

No comments: