Sunday, March 15, 2009

My "sweet" boy





I wanted to post Andrew's most recent pictures (Look at Andrew; he is 8!), and after reading my cousin, Ann-Marie's, exciting post about having a baby boy, I just wanted to cry. I remember when I was pregnant with Andrew, and we found out we were having a boy. I was disappointed! I already had a gorgeous son, and I really wanted a girl. You must know that God blessed us with Brooke several years later, but, at the time, I really wanted a girl. After delivering Andrew, we were riding home in the car, and I just cried. I had two precious gifts in the back seat, and they were both boys! I loved Wesley, but I still had plenty of heart left over to love Andrew. He was my cuddler :) As I look back now, I know he will always own a soft spot of his mother's heart. Sorry to all the other 8-year old boys in the world, but I live with the greatest!!!

7 comments:

Janice Sturgill said...

I'm going to cry all day today! Andrew is growing to be such a handsome young man - I'm dying to see him. This morning I listened to "My daddy" on an old cassett talking with "My Mamma" - I just talked back to them as they talked - Then you and Juliet post such wonderful things about the family - We are so blessed with so many wonderful people to love!!!

Ann-Marie said...

Awwww...well, know that makes me even happier to be having a boy! The photos turned out wonderfully - he's one handsome young man!

CANDICE said...

What a little cutie! Those pictures are nice! Where do you get them done at?

The Beard Bunch said...

They were done at Jcpenny. I have a portrait club membership, and I get each of the kids pictures done once a year. It has been a good and cost-effective way to get them done. I also pay $5 to get all of the pictures online.

Deb said...

What a handsome, young man. Sometimes I look at my eight year old boy and wonder how did he get so tall. I'm sure you wonder the same. You are so blessed!

Judi Rehfeldt said...

He is so handsome...can't believe how fast they are growing up! I usually start out on Juliet's blog and then go thru the family list and get caught up on the rest of you guys...think about you and your family often!!

Juliet said...

Indeed he is one good-looking great newphew.