Saturday, April 10, 2010

If we've ever needed you, Lord.....

I remember a song that was sung when I was a teen---"Christ is all I need." I liked the voice of the one who sang it, and I enjoyed the song, but I remember thinking to myself: "That is a nice thought, but really how does that work?" I had great parents who supported me, and I attended a Christian school that trained me. I needed food and clothes, and I am sure, as a teen, there were many other things I felt I needed, too. Christ was important, and I loved Him and wanted to serve Him, but really: "All I need" seemed like a stretch.

I have grown up (physically and spiritually), and I think for the first time in my life I really get it. I have so many blessings----my parents, my husband, my children, my extended family, my job, my home......, but there is truly only one thing that I KNOW I cannot live without. That is Christ. I don't know how and when I finally came to this realization and made it personal for me, but the song below is one that I recently purchased, and have just listened to repeatedly.

I have good days, and I have bad days, but I never have a day where I don't truly need God. It is so peaceful knowing that He is always there, and it is always enough.

I have confronted many individuals this week, some saved and some not, who are in difficult, life-challenging places, and they need Him, too! I post this song for all of us, just as a reminder and maybe, a necessary prayer for you.

2 comments:

Juliet said...

Thanks for posting that song.

Have you ever heard of a man, Rand Hummel? I heard him for the first time at our church Volleython on Saturday and on Sunday.

He reminded us of how we need to be witnessing to the lost...leaving the results to the Holy Spirit who does the true work in a person's heart.

Pray that we will all be more ready to witness to anyone!!

Janice Sturgill said...

When I ended the workshop in Dean's Chapel about "Faith that Lasts a Lifetime" that told about Mom's (Gramma's)life I sang "Oh, when I come to die, Oh, when I come to die, Oh, when I come to die - give me Jesus!" Certainly that is who was with her "all the way!"