Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another one turns a decade

Andrew turned 10 yesterday. Another one of my children hits the double digits :) Andrew invited three friends over to spend the night. I led the kids in an event of different games from the show, Minute to Win it. It was fun! The kids enjoyed practicing and completing the rounds.

Stacking the cups and then taking them down without falling was Andrew's favorite feat.
When I asked Andrew what kind of birthday cake he wanted, he said "dirt cake." Now, dirt cake is not really a cake. So, we decided to play it up good and tell his friends that I dropped the cake, and that we would just have to settle for eating some dirt. Andrew then proceeded to take a spoon and eat out of the potted plant in the center of the table. The kids loved it! A few moments later, one of Andrew's friends asked me, "Can I have some more dirt!" It did feel weird to have no birthday candles.



I just had to post a more recent picture of our newest addition. This just can't be a good thing (a dog with a balloon) :)

1 comment:

Janice Sturgill said...

What a fun time! Can't believe Andrew is 10! Thanks for the pictures. Buddy looks happy as well.