Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Life with a cast
With limited mobility, changes and lessons are many for each person in the Beard household.
Here is our current top ten list:
10. Wesley can no longer wait until the last minute to go to the bathroom.
9. Wesley cannot sneak up on me anymore. I can hear him coming from quite a few yards away.
8. I have never been so thankful for a one story house.
7. Their are way too many stairs at most schools!
6. Things no longer get misplaced in pairs. I am constantly finding one sock......or one shoe.
5. If you break your ankle, why does the cast have to go all the way up your leg? (Just so you know, it has something to do with the growth plate.)
4. How many people can you fit in a car if one person takes the whole backseat?
3. I have to help with baths, for the first time in many years.
2. Someone recently told us to go to an amusement park, and we would get access to the front of every line. Good idea!!
1. Who wants a cool colored cast when instead you can get a white one.....that glows in the dark??