Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Life with a cast


With limited mobility, changes and lessons are many for each person in the Beard household.
Here is our current top ten list:

10. Wesley can no longer wait until the last minute to go to the bathroom.
9. Wesley cannot sneak up on me anymore. I can hear him coming from quite a few yards away.
8. I have never been so thankful for a one story house.
7. Their are way too many stairs at most schools!
6. Things no longer get misplaced in pairs. I am constantly finding one sock......or one shoe.
5. If you break your ankle, why does the cast have to go all the way up your leg? (Just so you know, it has something to do with the growth plate.)
4. How many people can you fit in a car if one person takes the whole backseat?
3. I have to help with baths, for the first time in many years.
2. Someone recently told us to go to an amusement park, and we would get access to the front of every line. Good idea!!
1. Who wants a cool colored cast when instead you can get a white one.....that glows in the dark??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling last night, Wes! I can't believe the size of that cast - You ought to get stronger lugging that thing around. Praying for you. Gramma

SturgillMom said...

That is too funny -- I would have never thought of any of those things! When I saw the length of that cast, I thought, "Wow, I thought he broke his ankle!" When Mackenzie broke her arm, they didn't have any cool colors....just plain old white which turned into plain old brown very quickly :)

Juliet said...

Well, at least he has a great smile on his face.

It sounds like some changes do have to be made around your home.

How long will he have to have the cast on?